Thursday, September 4, 2008

6 1/2 months Preggo



How Keira's growing: This week, Keira weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, Keira's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now.

Latest News: I am back from California where i had an awesome time with the family. I got really sick the day after arriving with a really bad cold. My midwife says it's from the change of climates. Almost two weeks in and I'm just now feeling better. The pregnancy itself has been good. I did have my first scare when i got back. I hadn't felt Keira in about two days and i was scared something was wrong. Of course i panicked and we went to the emergency room where they let me hear her heartbeat. Boy was i relieved. FatBoy had told me all along it was normal and that maybe i just wasn't paying attention to her having been busy with the moving and all. So he was right! I was actually admitted and placed on a fetal monitor where we listened to Keira bounce around for about two hours making sure everything was normal and okay. I have to admit for my first baby six and a half months in isn't so bad for my just about panic attack :)
FatBoy and I have just about settled into the new house. It's slowly but surely coming together. I so hate moving! Its been so long and tedious. We are excited to see what our little man DJ thinks about the new house as today will be his first day back with us. We are excited and thrilled to see how he likes it. To our surprise there are like a million kids in the neighborhood many of which are his age which is great. Well, maybe not a million but they are everywhere.

Stay posted as i will be posting baby shower photos in the next day or so.... Thanks for visiting.

No comments: